Friday, November 17, 2006

2 minutes thru my eyes

I'm sitting at my office desk looking out the wall sized windows at the people walking by. I'm intrigued by a few that go by. Normally I try to ignore the busy world just feet from me, seperated by a plate of glass, but today something catches my attention.

Tapping his feet to the music in his headphones, a man with long hair pulled into a single braid in the back stands on the corner of the intersection in his trench coat waiting for the walking signal to turn his way. Off he goes, now walking to the beat.

A lady in an oversized leather coat and bleached hair that needs a recolor to hide their dark roots, walks by. She is self conscious as she checks herself out in the reflection of the window.

A click makes me notice a woman walking along with a walking stick. It appears to have the handle of a ski pole, but I can't see the bottom. She doesn't seem to require a walking aid, and I wonder if it's a mental crutch for the icy sidewalks she's venturing on. I don't think she's concerned about appearance. Her 80's colored headband is my clue.

Holding hands an older couple stolls by. I wonder where they are going. How long they've been together. How did they meet and fall in love?

A big white bag floats by. I see a young, hip girl on the other side. I'm guessing the contents of her person sized bag contain a wedding dress or fancy dress of some sort from the bridal place around the corner. She has short dark hair and a punky style to her wardobe. I think she is interesting and wonder what her husband looks like. Is he punk style too? She's pretty - and will be a pretty bride if that's the occasion.

Hmmm, I guess I better get back to work. I have a marketing plan to deliver early next week and will be away from the office Monday. People are beautiful to watch. God must have fun.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Thank You, Victoria for giving us a glimpse of the world walking by. You described the people in such a way that I could see them as clearly as if I was there with you! Good job.

I really enjoyed this entry. Good for you to stop, enjoy, and wonder. I read recently that everything is just sitting there, waiting for us to take notice.

Fri Nov 17, 09:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Hmmm, that's an interesting thought. That everything is just waiting for us...in a way that's true. Even though the world does not revolve around us, it does in a way too...our worlds anyways.
Thanks for the comment mom. I always look forward to reading what you have to say.

Sat Nov 18, 06:39:00 PM

 
Blogger Rob... said...

Your day sounds like a couple I've had, except you have a window. =)

Mon Nov 20, 01:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Lol - yup, it can be pretty boring sometimes. You don't have windows??? I couldn't imagine this job without windows.
How are things going guys???

Tue Nov 21, 09:05:00 AM

 
Blogger Rob... said...

thanks, tor. Its nice to be able to see things through your eyes. I've always loved people-watching. there's probably a lot of interesting ones passing your office, eh. there's not as much traffic around here...I think that's what rob meant, cause he has a window, there's just not a lot to see! anyway, thanks for letting me pretend i was in the city for a minute!
~lana

Tue Nov 21, 12:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Oh I see. Thanks for letting me share it with you (not like you had much choice...it's a blog). Miss you guys - been thinking you lately. Hopefully we'll be able to get together sometime soon.
Say hey to the girls for us.

Tue Nov 21, 09:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home