Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Joshua and Luke Miquelon!




Hello everyone,

Michael and I are so excited to be able to tell you that we are the proud sister/brother of some more siblings! Most of you know the story (and if you don't call me, I'll tell you - cause it's kinda long to post) of how God put Joshua and Luke into our lives. We have been blessed to watch them grow since they were only 4-5 weeks old. Last week, the final adoption papers were approved and they were officially inducted into the Miquelon family!
Today, Joshua and Luke turn 1 years old! I have tears in my eyes right now as I'm overwhelmed with how much God loves our family to transform it from what it has been in the past into what it is today. These little boys are incredible people already and so I feel blessed to have the chance to watch them grow and have an impact on their lives. Let me tell you a little bit about them:

Joshua Robert Miquelon:
(formerly Trenton)
Joshua is a VERY sensitive boy. He has always been a joyful baby. Origionally the smaller of the two boys, he's now grown (thru some serious health issues) to be the bigger brother. Joshua is a fighter...he's had some big things in his life to conquer already and has done so. He is a joy giver; laughing at what would seem to be nothing at times. His laughter is amazing and contagious to anyone listening. He is very loving. He cares about people. He will cry if his brothers get into trouble or if he thinks people are getting hurt (even when they're playing) he cries for them.
Right now he is the more active of the two. He's a great (and fast) crawler and is very excited about what Michael and I gave them for their birthday ( a toy that he can hold onto and learn how to walk), because he is already trying to walk. I can't wait to see and hear what this special Child of God has to share with the world in the years to come.

Luke Oliver Miquelon:
(formerly Jaegar)
Luke puts a smile on my face. He's a very friendly person. Does not "play strange" often and loves people. Luke is more content than Joshua to "hang out" and let people carry him around. He's not in as big of hurry to learn how to crawl or walk. (He does the "army crawl" using only his arms to pull him around). I can see Luke being a stalky boy. Not in the chubby sense of the word, but big. As Tyler would say "Big like Mike!" Luke is very smily. Whenever you make eye contact with him, he smiles. What a cool guy. Luke is the more talkative of the two (especially on the phone to his sister). He's not as big of an eater as Joshua, but he certainly liked his cake last Sunday at his birthday party! I can see Luke being a "people person" and probably quite athletic. I can't wait to have fun with him and hear what he has to say as he grows.

So, praise God for all his incredible plans and the blessings that he brings into our lives.
If we only had the time that we've had till now with these incredible boys, we are blessed. My life is richer because of them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Thanks, Victoria, for the chance to see your little brothers through your eyes. We don't get to see what their personalities are like because we don't spend time with them. It is nice to have a bit of an introduction to who they will be.

Tue Sep 19, 10:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Karyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Sep 19, 10:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

You're welcome. It's amazing, I was thinking the other day how 18-20yrs ago it was just me and mom...not really sure what our future looked like, 15 yrs ago mom had just met some guy she liked...I didn't like him too much at first (well lets be honest here, I didn't like him around at all...I wanted all of my mom's attention), 10 yrs ago I had no idea what to expect as we moved from Calgary to some small country place called Wetaskiwin. "What, you can't just walk and get a slurpee when you live in the country?", 5 yrs ago I was graduating...and whoops (what a blessing) I get another sibling...one of my very most favorite people and mom and Kelly go from starting their "empty nest" to "starting over".
Incredible how life turns out.

Wed Sep 20, 10:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Karyn said...

Great photo!

Fri Sep 22, 08:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home