Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Beautiful Woman


In Celebration of Mom
Today is Mom's 49th birthday. I just wanted to wish her a Happy Birthday and share with you all a few of the things about her that make her so special.
Mom is so very thoughtful, she's always thinking about other people. How they feel, what they are experiencing, their strengths...and areas of growth. I think that her beauty emanates when she's just watching and observing people. She has an uncommon eye for seeing love. People's love for each other, God's love in people, God's love in his creation. Her unique outlook has caused me to pause and appreciate those things as well. What a great mom for so many boys. To be able to stop and appreciate the beauty of a dirt covered, mischievous little boy (can you tell I'm thinking of Michael) and enjoy the moment.
Her talent in scrapbooking tells not just the story she's producing on her pages, but also the story of her love. I've learned so much about my mom not just from talking with her, but mainly from sitting and looking through her pages of precious memories and the way she devotes such time and attention to the detail and effort in capturing the moment and the person. What a talent to have. One of my most precious possessions is the cookbook that shares, not just recipes and peoples favorite dishes, but wisdom from a wife and mother on how to be a great woman.
Mom is also quite selfless. In many ways I've watched her put her own desires aside for her family. She's stretched herself to learn new skills and do things to support her husband and his business which would not be her first choice, but she does it. She is a pillar of support for all her kids. A great example. To know that there is someone there that is always interested in what's going on in your life is so comforting.
She is beautiful. In many ways - beautiful.
Happy Birthday Mom - how blessed are we to have you in our life.

8 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

What a beautiful birthday gift, Victoria. Thank you.

Fri Aug 25, 07:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Thank you. This post doesn't do to justice what I was trying to communicate, but thank you. I hope that you had a great birthday. What were in all those boxes up in the living room???? I can't wait to hear how your day was.
See you in a week!

Fri Aug 25, 07:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Rob... said...

How do we know it's not Mike writting that??










LOL.....even I can't beleive that. =)



That was a great thing to say Vicky!! You hasve really catptured her in a way that I hadn't even realized.

Fri Aug 25, 10:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Probably because Michael almost never writes in this anymore...or reads them much for that matter. This will be a test to show you what I mean...Mike - call me when you read this and we'll see how long it's been. Today is Sat. Aug 26 at 2:08pm. ...the rest of you - I"ll let you know when he calls me. (Not to be hard on you sweetie - just for entertainment)

Sat Aug 26, 01:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Thanks for the compliment Rob (or at least I think it's Rob). Lol - you're the only one that I let call me Vicky so it's probably you.
Lol.

Sat Aug 26, 01:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Karyn said...

Maybe you need to encourage Mike to see beyond the poker game at work. The rest of us are pretty interesting, too. He can analyze us mathematically, take risks on us, even become a winner because of us.............Come on, Mike - join in the game of FAMILY.

We love you!

Sat Aug 26, 05:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Well, it's Tuesday and still no mention from Mike that he's read the blog. Lol - I guess if he hasn't said anything by the weekend, you can all "remind" him.

Tue Aug 29, 08:35:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

here I am! I found the blog I didn't know we had and posted to it :)

Wed May 13, 11:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home