Friday, July 21, 2006

Capitol Ex Parade


On Thursday July 20th, I was in the Capitol Ex parade. I walked alongside the University of Calgary's float. I also was able to get Tyler to be on the float as one of the kids riding. His "role" was an energy engineer and he got to stand next to the windmill that represented his profession. It was alot of fun but alot of work too! (We had to set up the float and those pieces were pretty heavy). The temperature was thru the roof at plus 30 too. But not everyone can say they were in a big parade. I took some pics and will try to get them posted once I get them from my mom (used her camera). Till then, here is what the float looked like. This pic is off the UofC's website and shows the group that marched with it in the Calgary Stampede parade.
Yeehaw!
Tor

4 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Is the Capitol Ex the same as Klondike Days? Did they change their name?

Was Tyler excited? How long was the parade route?

Sat Jul 22, 09:26:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Yes, they changed the name from Klondlike Days to Capitol Ex Days.

Mon Jul 24, 12:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Rob... said...

Cool, that must have been tiring and HOT!! So I guess not so cool. =)

-Rob

Wed Jul 26, 01:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

It was super hot, especially in jeans and two shirts...lots of sweating. But alot of fun too. I don't think it's something that Tyler will ever forget -so it's all worth it for that.

Thu Jul 27, 01:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home