Friday, April 13, 2007

Wonderful

Ding Dong
Hi, I'm wondering if you have any bottles that you'd like to donate?
Why? Who are you with?
Well, I'm not really with anyone - you see, I'm a student right now and I've met this girl. I'd like to ask her to marry me, but I don't have enough money to buy her a ring - so I'm seeing if people have any extra bottles that they'd like to donate so I can save some more to buy her a ring.

True story - When Michael and I were dating and he was a student still at Augustana, he didn't have enough money to feed himself barely - not to mention buy a ring so he could ask me to be his wife. So one day he went door to door asking people if he could collect some of their bottles so he could get some more money to save up to buy me a beautiful engagement ring.
What an incredible man - and that's one of hundreds of stories I have of my loving, thoughtful husband.

Michael - I couldn't have asked for anyone better for me than you!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mike and Tor said...

When you read this, you are tagged! Post something wonderful about someone you love on your blog and leave a link here, in a comment.

This should be fun.

Arlene Travnik started it, BTW

Fri Apr 13, 01:46:00 PM

 
Blogger arlene said...

That sounds like something my hubby would do! (but like I said in my post, I'm more fond of popcorn than diamonds! LOL)

Mike obviously knew what he wanted! Great story to tell your kids someday.

arlene

Fri Apr 13, 02:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Karyn said...

sweet. Did he collect any money from that venture?

Fri Apr 13, 03:42:00 PM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Mom -did you just say sweet!? (Lol - that's funny)
Actually I think he did collect some cans - and money. He told me one lady wouldn't give him her bottles, but she gave him $20 because she also wanted him to buy me a ring.
He ended up borrowing money to buy the ring - but it's beautiful. He designed it himself - for those that didn't know that.

Sat Apr 14, 03:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Karyn said...

I actually said sweet as in "Aww, that is such a sweet thing to do", not in the current "hip" vernacular - I didn't even think of that! LOL

Sun Apr 15, 07:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Just goes to show you that the cultural context does count more often than we think.
Kind of like Tim McGraw's song - "back when a coke was a coke, ....and crack was what you're doin, when you are cracking jokes!"

Mon Apr 16, 11:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Karyn said...

I love that song!

Mon Apr 16, 02:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Rob... said...

Mike is crazy!! =)

Rob

Tue Apr 17, 09:31:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike and Tor said...

Yes - Crazy for me! Sigh!
I love that song too mom. Can't wait to go to the concert with you!

Tue Apr 17, 10:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home